21 Apr
Digital Markets Act

Employment in Spain: Social Security adds 6,788 new foreign affiliates in March 2022

Social Security registered 2,342,004 foreign affiliates in March after discounting seasonality and the calendar effect. This is 6,788 (0.29%) more employed people than the previous month and 152,583 more than in February 2020, before the impact of the pandemic.

This is the tenth consecutive month of employment growth of this group which, in the first quarter of the year, added 35,340 employed people, according to the last figures released by the Spanish Ministry of Inclusion, Social Security and Migrations

This figure represents 11.73% of the total number of Social Security affiliates, in seasonally adjusted terms, in March 2022.

Average monthly affiliation

In average terms and non-seasonally adjusted, the Social Security had 2,298,825 foreign contributors in March, of whom 810,122 came from EU countries (35.24%) and 1,488,703 from third countries (the remaining 64.76%). This was 40,155 more affiliates than in February.

The largest groups of foreign workers come from Romania (336,949), Morocco (294,388), Italy (144,667), China (107,775) and Venezuela (106,663). In addition, among other nationalities, there are 48,195 affiliates from Ukraine, 617 more than in February, before the Russian invasion began.

Some 56.21% are men (1,292,228), while 43.78% are women (1,006,597).

By autonomous community, in the last month, foreign affiliation increased particularly in the Balearic Islands (8.69%) and Andalusia (4.18%), followed by Cantabria (2.93%) and the Canary Islands (2.26%). La Rioja (-0.62%) and Extremadura (-0.07%) lost foreign affiliates in March.

By regime, the majority of foreigners are affiliated in the General Regime, a total of 1,904,580 people, adding 36,957 employed people in the month, 1.98% more than the previous month.

The number of these workers increased in the majority of sectors. Of note is the increase in Hostelry (7.18%), Arts and Entertainment Activities (4.98%) and Information and Communications (3.02%).

The number of self-employed foreigners increased 0.76% in the last month, bringing the total to 389,969 after adding 2,953.

In the last twelve months, the registry of workers from other countries has increased by 10.93%, i.e., by 226,566 people.

Search
Categories
Loading

Call Us